- What is the Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa?
- KDJ Shim Sa Index: History of Event
- Links to historical wiki pages of KDJ Shim Sa events
- DJ Shim Sa Candidates Projects Index
Ko Dan Ja rank (4th Dan and up) certification opportunities and Sa Bom level instructor certification opportunities in Soo Bahk Do® Moo Duk Kwan® in the U.S. are available to classing eligible and/or time eligible U.S. Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation® members who are recommended and invited to an annual U.S. Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa where they are joined by other qualified applicants, guests and Alumni as may be invited. The U.S. Federation's Ko Dan Ja candidate selection process is briefly outlined below.
- Once per year, all classing eligible and time eligible current U.S. Federation members are identified.
- A letter of notification of their eligibility and a questionnaire are sent to all eligible U.S. Federation members.
- The names of the eligible members who return their completed questionnaire by the deadline are then submitted to various Federation Officials for recommendations.
- Eligible members who receive a majority of positive recommendations from Federation Officials are then sent a formal invitation to test for Ko Dan Ja Rank along with paperwork requirements and event registration materials that must be submitted by the deadline.
- Recommended eligible members are extended an opportunity to, and some may elect to, test at an international Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa.
- All others fulfilling the paperwork and registration requirements are then scheduled to attend and participate in the week long, one per year Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa where they complete their Ko Dan Ja Rank testing requirements.
- In the U.S., the TAC Chair may also extend an open inviation to all Ko Dan Ja Alumni inviting them to participate in the week long training and Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa experience as visitors.
The history of the US Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa is a long an proud one and since 2000 the Federation has also hosted A Moment With The Masters in conjunction with the 1st weekend of the Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa in order that fellow members have an opportunity to share a few moments with the wave of new KDJ hopefuls and current KDJ leaders participating in the week long Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa experience.